Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hi Again

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said that my time for blogging was dwindling…..

Over the last week different people have reminded both Jimmy and me that they like reading my blog, and so I am encouraged to try to get back into the groove.

I finished A Tale of Two Cities, and it was fantastic!  I really, really liked it. Clay finished it Friday, and he said that it was "pretty good".  Better than the biography of Eric Liddell, in his opinion.  Unfortunately, I spoiled the ending for myself by reading the questions and answers about A Tale of Two Cities in Clay's world history answer key.  I was so disappointed to know the ending!  But, I had another shocker and even some laughing out loud moments near the end of the book. This book is a little bit difficult to get into at first, but stick with it.  It's a good book, and I am so happy to add it to my Books Read in 2015 list.

I also read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo over a couple of days last week.   This book was a little bit out there.  The overall concept of tidying by category instead of room by room or area by area was new and interesting to me.  She suggest purging and tidying the following categories in this specific order:

clothes
books
papers
miscellany
items with sentimental value (mementos, photos, etc.)

But the oddness of this book for me lies in the human characteristics she gives her inanimate objects, and the ability to purge so deeply.  I really liked this book.  I will put some of her ideas into practice. I will refer to it when I declutter and deep clean this summer.  But I will not be able to attain to her standard of tidiness.  But that's ok.  It's a fun book to read, and I laughed out loud a couple of times while reading this book too.

Jimmy and I attended Parkgate Pregnancy Center's annual fundraising event last week.  The keynote speaker was Dr. Ben Carson, and he was a delight to listen to.  I ran into several people that I have not seen in such a long time--friends from college and from around town-- (I don't get out much), and it was such a nice evening.

Olivia comes home in 6 days, and we could not be happier!  It will be her spring break, and she will be home for our annual spring cleaning in our yard and flowerbeds event. I know she will be thrilled.  :) She can sleep through most of it if she likes.  We will just be happy to have her and her sweet spirit around.

Until next time…..

2 comments:

  1. You can count me among your many loyal readers that miss your more frequent posts, but I can absolutely understand! We go through seasons in our lives when it gets harder and harder to choose the things we love, when they don't directly effect our children or families. I just tell myself, some day I will have more time to post than I will have things to post about!!

    Enjoy your early Spring time rituals and having Olivia home!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie Kondo -- "out there" EXACTLY. :)
    I can translate her anthropomorphizing into gratitude toward God what an item has taught me -- that I look unattractive in that color, that I don't need a task-specific gadget when I have an all-purpose one that does the job, etc.

    ReplyDelete