Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Encouraging Words

Earlier this morning as I was looking through my Bible for verses to share with someone who is going through a difficult time--words of encouragement--I realized that I should share these on this blog.  Some of you may have friends or family members that could use some encouragement.  Maybe even you need encouragement yourself.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…"Psalms 46:1

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."
Psalm 55:22

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
Galatians 6:9

"Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You. When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:1

"In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:7-8

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name."
Hebrews 13:15

"But I will hope continually, and will praise you more and more. My mouth shall tell of your righteousness and your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits."
Psalm 71:14-15

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."
Psalm 94:19

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1:2-4

"But my eyes are upon You, O God the Lord; in You I take refuge."
Psalm 141:8

"The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and save them."
Psalm 145:18-19

1 comment: