Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cinnamon Muffins

These are Leah's favorite.  I made them this morning so I thought I would share the recipe before we begin school.

***You may substitute the flour with all-purpose flour.  I grind my own flours, and use those, but I am sure that regular flour will work great!  You can also use any kind of milk.  I use organic sugar (I think it's raw?…..it's pretty big brown granules…..I bought a 50 lb. bag from Azure Standard almost a year ago), but again, plain white sugar will do too. Oh, and instead of the ground flaxseed meal, you could substitute 2 eggs.

I think that is all the modifications.

Here is my recipe:

Cinnamon Muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbs. ground flaxseed meal
2 Tbs. cinnamon
1 cup natural (unsweetened) applesauce
3 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups milk (I use 1 cup soy and 1 cup almond)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend dry ingredients thoroughly.  Add wet ingredients and stir until well combined.  Bake in greased ( I spray with olive oil spray) muffin tins for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Makes 16 muffins. 

1 comment:

  1. These sound yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete