Saturday, December 28, 2013

Catching Up

What a great week of celebrating it has been!  We have had so much fun beginning last Friday night.  Jimmy has been off all week (until tonight), and that has been so much fun!

I have several events and pictures to share……here are the first few events.

Sugar cookie decorating.  As long as I can remember, I bake sugar cookies from the same recipe, and then I let my children decorate them.  When they were younger, they basically just dumped sprinkles on them, but now that they are older, the cookies turn out beautifully.  

We saved cookie decorating until Olivia got home from college, and the only time we could squeeze it in was last Friday night at 10:00 PM.  But we got it done, and here are some pictures.




Last Saturday we celebrated Christmas with my parents, my brothers and their families, and my grandmother.  We gathered at my brother Ryan's house.
As I reviewed the pictures, I saw that we did not have pictures of everyone that I could post (you know no one wants to share their picture when their eyes are closed or they are making a crazy face).  So here is a sampling of the fun day!

 It was so hot!  On December 21!
The kids enjoyed playing basketball.

 My daddy and his mother, Momo.

 Johnson (my nephew) and Momo
 Amanda (my sister-in-law) and my nephew Davis

 The boys playing pool.

 Uncle Ryan (my brother) giving Sam some pointers.
Wesley (my nephew), looking on in the background.

 My daddy


Clay, Jimmy, Sam, and Bounds (my nephew).

Our next gathering, the very same day, was at Jimmy's Uncle Fred's house.  He and his wife Dianne had recently renovated Jimmy's grandmother's house, and they hosted a housewarming for all the Johnsons.


 enjoying supper

 more people eating BBQ

 some of the cousins in the hallway
We were actually under a tornado warning for part of the evening.  We herded the children into the hallway, and I stayed close by there too.  The men hung out in front of the TV weather, and everyone was checking their phones.
Everything was fine!  We had lots of rain, but thankfully, no storm damage.

On Monday, we had a surprise visit from the Sanders!  They brought us a treat and sang a Christmas carol for us.  Jimmy took Greg for a 4 wheeler ride, and all of us girls enjoyed a short visit.


Also on Monday, Olivia made her gingerbread house.  We had a friend over, and he made one too.  They turned out beautifully!


 Olivia with her gingerbread house

 pretty, pretty house!

Daniel with his gingerbread house.

Just a sweet picture of sisters!

Monday's fun continued on into the night!  We hosted our annual Johnson Christmas Party, beginning at 7:00 PM.

Pictures and recap to come!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! We had a quiet Christmas at home but will begin the family rounds tomorrow!
    Love all those happy faces! :)

    ReplyDelete