Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sam's ABC Scrapbook

Sam, sporting his new overalls!
He actually sleeps in them!

Today will be our 10th day of the new school year.  Sam has completed his study of the letters F and B.  We are on our second day of M.  After the fourth day of learning and practicing a letter, Sam and I complete his scrapbook page for his ABC scrapbook.  I had already pre-cut the letters and printed out the Bible verses.  We just arrange the items he made that week (some things don't fit....I am just filing them for now, and I may just put them in a binder or folder or something at the end of the school year....) on a two page spread and tape it all down. Then I give him an assortment of stickers of the letter or items that begin with the letter, and let him fill in the empty spots on the pages.  Lastly, I insert the pages into the page protectors.

Here are the pages!










4 comments:

  1. I like this idea better than the pre-printed ABC book I used for Kaelan and Jackson. This has given me an idea for Chase's Christmas present! I can get all the materials together and organized so that Lauren could do this with him next year. I made up a huge box of preschool activities (file folder games, activity bags and tons of other things). She still hasn't found it after the tornado. People came and helped them out and stored all of their things that could be salvaged, but it's a mess and depresses her to go try to find things. I think I need to take a day and go down to help sort through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I meant to say I love the "I didn't have room to draw Mama and Daddy"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you and Sam are having fun learning together! Here are some letter crafts I found. http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/letter-of-the-week/uppercase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Just found your blog this weekend. LOVING it!!

    The ABC scrapbook...is this something you got from Sonlight? Is it in the the IG? Or is this something you came up with?

    I am loving this idea and want to do it with my daughter who is 4 (going to be 5 in December). I already planned on using the Before the Code books by ETC. Is this where you got which letter to do each week?

    Any and all help is appreciated.

    Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete